It had been planned for weeks. A skype chat with my best friend in Australia. Unfortunately, it happened to fall on a day that the child was being very, very, very uncooperative. After trying unsuccessfully to have our long awaited chat, I finally snapped and put the little gaffer in her bed to scream it out, because she was desperately in need of a nap.
I came back to my conversation and caught up on some long awaited news. We chatted about life, about all the good and bad stuff happening in our lives. And the child was still screaming.
After about 45 minutes, I begrudgingly said goodbye to my friend and went to tend to my very grumpy daughter. To my utter surprise, there she was in her bed, standing with a radiant grin on her face,clearly proud of herself, and...... was completely and utterly buck naked.
Hold the fort! Back up a minute here! I put my daughter to bed in a diaper, onsie, and sweat pants. As I looked around for her clothes, I found the onsie with the buttons still done up lying on the floor. The diaper was still done up and stuffed between the crib and matress. And the pants, well, she had somehow managed to throw those into her open closet door.
Now if you have kids, you'll be able to appreciate how utterly talented you would have to be to wiggle out of a onsie without undoing any of the snaps. And how thankful I was that she did not use her bed as a potty.
While this episode did have me giggling, it's not quite as funny anymore as each nap now results in a little streaker tearing through the apartment.
And I am now more resolved than ever to focus on potty training this little girl before she paints the walls with something disgusting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
told you she takes after her Nana!
Post a Comment