You know how some women who are expecting a baby are just radiantly beautiful? They gain 3 pounds throughout the entire pregnancy while eating whatever they crave, don't suffer an ounce of morning sickness, never get kicked in the ribs, are well rested, have a beautiful little baby bump that's perfectly round, no stretchmarks, have the baby with a short labour and without any stitches, and walk out of the hospital with their six pack visible and bikini ready with a newborn in their arms?
Yeah, well, this is so not me.
I have become the epidimy of the domestic UN-goddess. Truth be told, I suffered for the first 26 weeks with severe morning sickness and struggled with my every day chores, much less trying to think of funny stories to post. With the sun, I've now developed a so called "pregnancy mask" above my upper lip, on my cheeks and forehead, making it look like I either have either dipped my face in cocoa powder, or that I've really botched my lip liner job. And then there's the big ole bear claw marks that are forming fast and furious on my stomach. And it's official: the duck waddle/gorilla swing/hunchback of Notre dame walk accompanies me where ever I go. That needle on the scale keeps moving up. Not to mention permanent UTI's, and a case of severe symphysis-pubis dysfunction. You can look that one up, it sounds way grosser than it actually is but is more painful than anything you could imagine when trying to walk!
As uncomfortable as pregnancy is for me, there are some amusing things that have happened. Like when I presented Charlotte with her new little potty for the first time and she promptly put her head into it and pretended to throw up. Or how a girl finally worked up the nerve to ask if I was expecting, and the priceless look on her face when I deadpanned, "um no, actually". (I did fess up right after; I'm not THAT mean). I was pretty lucky with the weather up until now (of course it would be 30 degrees at the VERY END of my pregnancy). Some days I wonder if I'm ready for the change that's going to happen imminently. I keep thinking that it will be like how it was the first time around, with a long recovery time, a baby that NEVER sleeps and screams for hours and hours on end, and, to add to the chaos, a little mischievous 2 year old to add to the mix. In that respect, I'm actually kind of terrified.
That being said though, I am ready to meet our new little one. I am ready to be un-pregnant again. I am so excited for Charlotte to be a big sister. I am so excited to see Julien with a new little one in his arms, rocking it to sleep. I know it's not going to be all sunshine and lollipops, but I'm excited for at least 1 lollipop on a beautiful sunny day. Let's just pray that this day will come soon! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment