Sunday, March 13, 2011

Charlottisms

My 21 month old is a talker. She's always been pretty vocal, but now the words are flowing fast and furious, in French and English. She loves phrases like, "oh, it's stuck Maman!" "Oops, I farted. Scuse me!","We live in Canata", "Kiss on my booboo?","I'm Chaaalotte", and my ever favourite, "Go away Maman whom I love!!" (and yes, she really does say that, but in French Vas-t'en Maman que j'aime!)

While there is no end to the things that come out of her mouth, the other night had Julien and I in stitches. I was sitting on the couch with her, enjoying a night time cuddle before she went to bed. All of a sudden, she got a mischevious look and, pointing to my chin, said "Maman, there's a blueberry in there."

I was a bit puzzled as to what she was talking about, until I touched the area where she had her little finger and realized that I had a zit the size of Texas on my chin (thank you pregnancy). I laughed and said, "No honey, that's not a blueberry. It's called a pimple." She then said,"no, blueberry in there. No, apple". Then she started giggling like a school girl, like her joke was the funniest thing ever. Then she moved in closer, scrutinizing my zit like she was a dermatologist. The she gave her diagnosis: " Maman, no apple. Banana. Banana chin." At this Julien and I burst out laughing, and she kept repeating in a sing song voice " Maman banana chin. Maman banana chin."

So yeah. My baby daughter has already started making fun of me. I have no idea what this child will be like later on. But I sure hope she keeps her sense of humour.

No comments: