Sweat poured down my face as I tried to catch up to the rest of the people running their hearts out. Boot camp. "So this is what I signed up for", I thought as I struggled to breathe. "Minute by minute torture. What was I thinking?". Squats, dumb bells that were too heavy for me, push ups, and running up and down hills were on the menu. I think by the 5th minute I was done and ready to be served on a platter, (I even puked!) but somehow willed myself to keep going even though I was last every single time. And this for the last 3 weeks.
I'm not sure what's more painful about boot camp. Is it the fact that my lungs feel like they had been set on fire? Is it the old back and knee injuries that flared up the second I started running, making me look like quasi modo as I run? Or is it that darn rubber tire around my waist that seems to weave and wobble , throwing me off balance ? Or maybe it's the blisters from my thighs rubbing as we pound down the track. Or my boobs hitting my chin during the jumping jacks. Or the fact that my body starts to feel like rubber and trembles with each exercise until it finally craps out on me. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I hate.every.single.second. of boot camp.
I think that Monday was the most embarrassing to date. It was a night (yes, I switched classes, because 5:30 am was just too much for this sleep loving princess) filled with an awful lot of bouncing, bobbing, and jumping. And then I realized that I have another little problem. I leak. If you have had children naturally, you know what I'm talking about. That little bit of dribble that seems to squeeze out despite your best efforts. And with that, I was officially over boot camp.
Funny thing, though. As much as I hate going, there is something inside of me that is actually starting to like it. Not the boot camp per say, but more the feeling afterwards. The physical tiredness. The blood pumping. The muscles relaxing after working so hard. My body honestly hasn't changed that much, except that I have a lot more energy, and I do find that my outlook is a little brighter. If you don't exercise, get cracking. It hurts, you look ridiculous, and you will dribble. But my, will you feel good afterward. It makes it all worth it. For those of you who do exercise, well, I'm starting to get it.
So with these thoughts I leave you. I need to go buy some Depends for the next class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahaha, good for you Becky!! I honestly understand the hideousness of boot camp (I did one 2 months ago) and I love the energy that comes with it. I'd feel so nauseous during class at the point when there was nothing left to give, but for the sake of the screaming instructor I'd push on and be so glad for it in the end. I've missed a month of the gym now due to a sinus infection followed by a couple weeks of holidays, then summer canning and I am tired and miss it so much. Will be heading back for sure, bring on the good energy!
Pam
Becks, there's surgery for that... and I've had it! It works great too.
Good for you for sticking that all out!
you go girl!! i fall into the category of a non-exerciser, though i'm trying really really hard to change that. totally hear you on the dribble thing too.
Post a Comment