Thursday, November 26, 2009

A day in the Life


I’m sitting here trying to think of something blog worthy from the last week, and despite our lives being turned upside down right now, I can’t think of how I could turn it into an interesting enough read.

I could tell you of how Charlotte won the “Crankiest Baby on the Planet” award, of how Julien won the “Remaining Calm Under Pressure” award while simultaneously receiving his Pink Slip from work, or how I won the “Hairiest legs” award, complete with an autographed picture of Big Foot, but that might be depressing.

I could tell you of how last week Julien and I bawled our heads off at the rather startling news that I was accepted as sponsor for him, and that he finally meets the minimum requirements for his visa. (It was startling because we have already had a visa refusal, and they had told us it would take 6-12 months to get an answer of Yes or No, and it only took 2 weeks!), but that might make you cry.

I could tell you of how cute it was when Charlotte learned some new syllables (gaga, dada, papa, baba, mama, yaya) and how annoying it was by the end of the day to hear her constant babble, especially now that she’s learned the volume button and has decided to use maximum decibels all the time. Or about how I borrowed my sister in law’s super high tech car, only to have the engine light go on after driving it for 15 minutes. Or about my struggle to do up the last button on my pants. Or about the chocolate muffins that I made that ended up being about 2cm high and tasted like bricks. But that would be complaining.

I could tell you of how weird it was being with my sister and brother in law as they cared for their newborn, because it was like watching a video of Julien and me only 6 short months ago. Or I could tell you how proud I felt as I held my daughter and my little nephew. And about how Charlotte is on all fours and raring to go and is eating carrots and applesauce from a spoon. Or about how she’s graduated to the next size of Pampers because her mum is sick of giving impromptu baths because of leakage. But that would be bragging.

So because of those reasons, I think I’ll just leave out all the details. I’ll try to come up with something more interesting next time. And more articulate. Until then, I guess buttons will keep on popping, Charlotte will keep on talking, and Julien will keep on being the rock that he is!

No comments: