*Image from: http://www.crossed-flag-pins.comToday we gave in our application for a Canadian residence permit for Julien. We pray that this will be the end of a long, complicated process, that the Canadian government will tell me that I’m accepted to sponsor Julien, and that we can finally move back together as a family.
I don’t know how long it will take to be accepted, but if I’m accepted, then the end is near.
I was reflecting today on what I miss so much about home, and what I would miss here. I was kind of surprised to discover that a lot of the things are the same, and that home is where your heart is. I guess being an international family means having your heart always torn in two.
Anyway, here are my lists of top ten things I miss about Canada and will miss about France:
CANADA:
Hanging out with family and friends
Having wide open, green spaces
Having a car
Tim Hortons
Dressing down and being comfortable
Not worrying about committing a cultural faux pas
Being able to work in the medical field
The sea and lakes for swimming, the mountains for hiking and skiing
Watching Hockey
Stores being open at lunch, after work, and on Sundays
FRANCE:Hanging out with family and friends
Cobblestone streets
The convenience of the transportation system (when they’re not on strike)
Raclette, Foie gras, Tartiflette, bagette, pain au chocolat, excellent cheap wine, cheese,
Dressing up and looking classy
Not worrying about being politically correct
Having 5 weeks paid holiday per year
Free University
Watching soccer
Having the tax included on all the prices, so I don’t have to calculate the real cost
No comments:
Post a Comment