Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to the rat race











I am a lazy blogger. This is a really sad fact, considering that I started only a month ago!
Here is a little catch up of the last 3 weeks.

After my brother’s lovely wedding, we rested up for a few days and then headed up to Greenwood, home of our long-time friends the Fiebers. Then we came home, played some tennis with some friends (wow, running is not a good thing after having a baby. I didn’t know you could leak so much, for those who know what I’m talking about!), and started the awful job of packing. We spent the last couple of days with family, which was really awesome. Eating sushi was Julien’s one request, so we did that on our last night. Then we left at 5 am to catch our plane home. Julien and I both caught colds (oh joy) and I’m still pretty stuffed up. Thankfully Charlotte is seemingly resisting the bug…Our month in the Fraser Valley went by much too fast, but the good news is that hopefully the next time we come back it will be for good! We are trying to get Julien a residence visa via family sponsorship so we can move back and be with my family for a few years. Please pray for us as this is a really big decision and move!

Charlotte had her vaccinations today (eww) and has been really fussy ever since. The paediatrician is really good though, and actually distracted her (and us!!) by letting us pick a new toy for teething. This avoided tears for both parties (I cried for her last one because she cried so hard! I even broke out in hives after from the stress of it all!) so both Mummy and baby were fine after. At 3 months old she measures 65cm and is 6.4 kilos, and is the picture of health. Milk does a baby good!

That’s all for now. I’m completely uninspired at the moment, and poop stories can only be told so many times (did I tell you the one where I was taking baby’s temperature and it caused a volcano and a bit of vomit on the part of the daddy?)

I’ve posted a couple of pictures that a friend of ours took during our trip. If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll forward you her email (please give me your email) address because she is looking to become a photographer.

See you soon,

Love Becky




No comments: